What foods should you avoid?
Updated: 3 days ago
If you are trying to get relief from tinnitus, and you are confused as to where to start, start with food. Even if in my case I had to take other steps (see my 6 steps to tinnitus relief - https://www.icuredmytinnitus.com/tinnitus-therapy), diet change helped me to calm down tinnitus by 20%.
So here are the top 10 foods you should always try to avoid.
• Margarine – Your brain requires fats to make new brain cells. Fats aren’t inherently bad. In fact, they are essential, but the quality of those fats can alter the ease of cell to cell communication within your brain. In contrast, fats like Omega 3s improve functioning. Extra virgin olive oil is an excellent alternative that has been shown to improve brain health.
• Table Salt – Swap out your table salt for some Pink Himalayan sea salt. Table salt is bleached and heavily processed. The natural iodine is stripped and replaced with potassium iodide. Pink Himalayan sea salts will give you more of what your body needs.
• Fruit Juice/Soda – These sugar-laden drinks spike your sugar levels.
• Microwaved Foods – Avoid the radiation of microwaves. Don’t stand near them if they’re on. I gave away my microwave.
• Farm-raised Fish Like Salmon or Tilapia – To prevent bacteria from growing on the cages that the farm-raised fish are grown in, they paint the surface with a substance high in zinc and copper. The end results? Anaemic fish with copper toxicity. Dyes are injected in salmon to give them back the color they are naturally supposed to have. Another troubling issue with farm-raised fish is pesticide usage. Better options try Alaskan wild-caught Salmon.
• Factory Farmed Meats – These meats are higher in chemicals, including arsenic from the feed, or antibiotics. Find a source you can visit such as a local farm, not a factory, and talk directly to the farmer. Local farms are more likely to have healthier chicken and eggs, too.
• Artificial Sweeteners – Sugar-free does not mean it’s healthier. Stick with the sugar but limit the amount you eat. Remember the mantra, “Everything in moderation.” Or try locally sourced raw honey that offers a little added protection specific to your area.
• Processed Foods Containing Colourings & Dyes – These dyes dramatically affect your brain and tinnitus.
• Processed Meats are LOADED with preservatives. This can affect your brain and increase tinnitus.
• “The Dirty Dozen” – These 12 foods have the highest concentration of pesticides and insecticides: Strawberries, Spinach, Nectarines, Apples, Peaches, Pears, Cherries, Grapes, Celery, Tomatoes, Sweet Bell Peppers, and Potatoes. This beautiful variety of foods is polluted with chemicals. Only buy these foods if they are organic. When choosing between organic foods and non-organic, these are the scariest.
Instead choose the “Clean 15”: Sweet Corn, Avocado, Pineapples, Cabbage, Onions, Frozen Sweet Peas, Papayas, Asparagus, Mangos, Eggplant, Honeydew, Kiwi, Cantaloupe, Cauliflower, and Grapefruit.
Plus I highly recommend avoiding wheat (gluten), sugar (including sweeteners), and diary (even goat milk). If you will try to go wheat, sugar a dairy free, you could see results in 3 weeks, BUT if you will try this approach, you need to be really strict. Without strict following it has minor effect. With strict following it has major effect. For more info you can check book - Autoimmune fix.
TIP: Clean properly every vegetable and fruit before eating.
In my case, I had to avoid also bananas, avocados, apples, alcohol (except cider), chocolate and sweets, because I found that these foods are increasing my tinnitus. You could have different ones.
I found it during daily tinnitus measurement and with the help of a tinnitus diary.
Find yours with Tinnitus Diary. You can download Tinnitus Diary for FREE here.
Get well soon, Peter Studenik